Friday, September 7, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 of running for my life. I woke up ready for work, only my legs were sore. Last night I ran a 1 and 1/2 miles (at 9:30 pm). This time I did not run on a track, instead I walked out my front door and ran downhill. I felt pretty good and was sure I could run for several miles. at the 3/4 mile mark, I looked at how far downhill I had run. Upon looking at the hill I was not sure that this was the same hill I had just run down. It took me 5 minutes to run down the hill and 15 minutes to get back up. Yes I ran, but most of the running was slow. I was singing in my head a song by Bush called Machinehead, it goes like this ". . . breath in, breath out, breath in, breath out. . ." The best part about this run was just as I was a bout to walk I got my second wind and ran with extra speed up the remainder of the hill. I told Jenn that as I lose my weight, and go from over 200 pounds to my goal of 175 pounds, the uphill run wont be so bad anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment