Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Running for my life

"Running for my life" January is usually a month when people set goals for the new year ahead. Typically, I like to set 1 personal goal, 1 work related goal, 1 spiritual goal, and 1 goal as a father. 2012 was not my typical January, instead of setting goals I was found out that my pituitary gland stopped functioning, and that my body was extremely low on testosterone. I did not have any energy, I did not even want to talk with friends, neighbors or family. In April I spent a night in the hospital with ice packs covering my body and a fever of 104. My body does not respond to common colds the same way that it did when I was younger, instead of quick recoveries I spend weeks fighting a cough, with a fever, body aches and pains. It is now September and my endocronologyst has done a good job of getting my testosterone back to an acceptable level and as a result my energy has increased. I am ready to start doing my part, with the energy I have I am going to spend it on a program I am calling "Running for my life". I believe that by running I can give myself a better chance of living longer or to an older age, and to live better and enjoy the time I spend with neighbors, friends, and family. My goals for the next year: Run 3 days a week Loose 30 pounds (currently 203) Run a Marathon in 2013 Hike the Narrows in Zions with my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment